What Are Throw Pillows?
Throw pillows are one of the easiest and most effective ways to elevate your living room’s style. They come in a wide variety of colors, patterns, and textures, so you can easily find a set that matches your existing decor. Throw pillows can also be used to add a pop of color or pattern to your living room. If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve got you covered.
Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect throw pillows for your living room:
1. Pick a color scheme: Throw pillows are a great way to introduce new colors into your living room. If you’re working with a limited palette, stick to two or three colors. If you want something more bold, go for four or more.
2. Consider pattern: Solid-color throw pillows are always classic, but don’t be afraid to experiment with pattern. Stripes, polka dots, florals, and geometric shapes can all add interest to your living room. Just make sure the patterns you choose complement each other.
3. Think about texture: Throw pillows come in a variety of fabrics, from plush velvet to crisp cotton. Mixing different textures is a great way to add visual interest to your space. Just make sure the fabrics you choose work together; for example, pair a smooth fabric with a rougher one.
How to Choose the Right Throw Pillow
When it comes to throw pillows, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind in order to choose the right ones for your space. For starters, think about the overall style of your living room and what kinds of pillows would complement it. If you have a more traditional space, for example, opt for throw pillows with classic shapes and prints.
Another thing to consider is the size of your couch or chairs. You’ll want to make sure the pillows you choose aren’t too big or too small in comparison. And finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and textures – they can really help add some personality to your space!
Tips on Decorating with Throw Pillows
Decorating with throw pillows is a great way to add style and comfort to your living room. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Choose the right size pillow for your couch or chair. Too small and it will look out of place; too large and it will be overwhelming.
2. Consider the shape of your pillow when choosing a cover. Rectangular pillows look best with long, narrow covers; square pillows look best with short, wide covers.
3. Pick a color or pattern that complements your room’s decor. If your room is already busy, go for a solid color; if it’s more subdued, try a bold pattern.
4. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different colors and patterns. Throw pillows are an easy way to add visual interest to your space.
5. When arranging your throw pillows, consider both function and aesthetics. Group them together in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, etc.) for the most pleasing results.
Inspiration From Popular Interior Designers
Popular interior designers have long understood the power of a great throw pillow. By using a mix of colors, textures, and patterns, they are able to create living rooms that are both stylish and inviting. Here are some of our favorite looks from some of the most popular designers:
1. A Pop of Color: One easy way to add a touch of style to your living room is to use a pop of color. This can be done by adding a colorful pillow to your couch or armchair. Be sure to choose a color that compliments the rest of your decor.
2. Textured Fabrics: Another great way to add interest to your living room is to use textured fabrics for your throw pillows. This can add both visual and tactile interest to your space. Look for fabrics with interesting patterns or textures such as velvet, wool, or even jute.
3. Metallic Accents: If you really want to make a statement, consider using metallic accents for your throw pillows. This can be done by choosing pillows with metallic details or by adding metallic thread to plain fabric pillows. Either way, this is an easy way to add a bit of luxury to your living room.
How to Clean Throw Pillows
Cleaning your throw pillows on a regular basis will help to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips on how to clean them:
-Remove the pillow cover and wash it in the washing machine according to the care instructions.
-Spot clean the pillow itself with a mild detergent and warm water. Be sure to rinse it thoroughly afterwards.
-If the pillow is very dirty, you may need to soak it in a solution of oxygen bleach and water for awhile before laundering.
-Once the pillow cover is dry, put it back on the pillow and fluff it up.
After you’ve selected the perfect throw pillows for your living room, it’s time to focus on placement. Here are a few tips to help you achieve the best results:
-Start by positioning the pillows along the back of your sofa. If you have a sectional, start with the outside corners and work your way in.
-Next, layer smaller pillows in front of the larger ones. This will add depth and interest to your seating area.
-Finally, experiment with different patterns and textures to create visual interest. Try pairing solid-colored pillows with patterned ones, or vice versa.